Kruger Cowne’s Dynamic Young Women – 2022
2nd August 2022
We’d like to introduce you to 7 of the dynamic young women on our roster of public speakers. Each of these women have achieved remarkable feats, and have fascinating stories to accompany them!
This includes (pictured top-left to bottom-right); Zara Rutherford, Lucy Hitchcock, Anna Nixon, Alyssa Carson, Ashley Edwards, Keely Cat-Wells and Angharad George-Carey.
Meet our Speakers
Zara Rutherford is a world-record-breaking pilot, women empowerment and equality activist.
- In 2022, Zara Rutherford circumnavigated the globe in a small aircraft and became the youngest woman to fly solo around the world. Her journey lasted 4 months and 26 days.
Lucy Hitchcock is an entrepreneur and Founder of Sassy Digital and Partner in Wine.
- Lucy has been profiled by the BBC News, Mail Online, Business Insider, The Sun, Daily Express, and was featured in TikTok’s Year on TikTok 2021 list. In addition, she has since worked with a number of brands including SAGE for business, Royal Mail for Business, Aldi, and Adobe.
Anna Nixon is an award-winning roboticist, an accomplished conference speaker, a teacher and a young leader representing the post-millennial generation.
- Being a young leader (born in 2000), Anna represents a new generation that is coming to the workforce. She speaks about the importance of technical education for young kids, future technology trends, girls in STEM fields, generational changes caused by technology and education and much more.
Alyssa Carson is the youngest ever astronaut in training and a space travel enthusiast.
- Alyssa, also known by her call sign Blueberry, is an American student with the goal of training as an astronaut. In addition to this, she was selected for future human spaceflight to Mars.
Ashley Edwards is a mental health expert, technology innovator, startup and corporate advisor.
- Currently, Ashley Edwards is the founder and CEO of MindRight Health, a tech startup committed to making mental health care radically accessible and inclusive of underserved communities. Ashley is the 1st Black female founder to raise over $1 million in venture capital in New Jersey. At the time, she was 1 of 35 to ever do so in the United States.
Keely Cat-Wells is an Entrepreneur and Disability Activist dedicated to making social, systemic, and economic change.
- As the founder and CEO of C Talent Keely has been named a One Young World Entrepreneur of the Year 2022, Forbes 30 Under 30 Entertainment honouree, Diana Award winner, an AdWeek Young Influential, GBEA Young Entrepreneur of the Year, and has been appointed as an Advisory Board Member to Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation.
Angharad George-Carey is a filmmaker, writer, actor, podcaster and entrepreneur.
- In 2019, Angharad launched her podcast, Daddy Issues, which became a platform for the fatherless to share their stories. The podcast quickly received recognition and praise, appearing in Vogue, The Financial Times and Dazed. She has also been featured in i newspapers ‘Top 50 Podcasts to Listen to Now’, Blow Out Magazine, and Jameela Jamil’s platform, I Weigh. Angharad is currently directing her debut documentary and writing her debut book. Alongside all of the above, Angharad co-runs her film and TV production company, SEVEN27 FILMS.